14 of our 38 network locations will feature tank car services. GBW Railcar Services plans expansion across a range of tank car services—for example, expanding the number of its shops that offer tank car lining services.
The industry is currently experiencing a tank car repair wave, led by evolving federally-mandated recertification requirements. GBW Railcar Services is built to meet that growing demand and provide skilled services that will keep cars up and running, and in line with the latest regulations.
- AAR Certified Tank Car Repair, Cleaning and Testing
- Tank Car Requalification (HM-216B/HM201B)
- Blast, Paint and Stencil Services
- Interior Coating/Lining
- Valve Servicing and Reconditioning
- Tank Resting: Digital X-ray, Hydro Testing and Nitrogen Padding
- Rule 88 Inspection and Rebuilding
Tank Car Retrofits
Tank car design and retrofits are crucially important when it comes to safety and legal compliance. GBW Railcar Services will lead the industry by bringing necessary repair, maintenance and retrofit capacity online at a critical time. Combined, these retrofits can meaningfully improve the safety performance of all tank car types in continued service.
- Tank Shells; Cut, Roll and Weld Services
- Re-jacket Programs
- Full Head Shields
- Blast, Paint and Lining
- BOV and Safety Valve Reconditioning